Chyvounder, Cornish for “house by the lane”, sleeps five in three bedrooms. There is a double room, a twin room and a single. All the bedrooms are of a good size but we decided to sleep five in space and comfort rather than cram people and beds in tightly.
Downstairs there is a bathroom adjacent to a small utility area. The large kitchen is well equiped and has an old farmhouse type table which combined with the open beamed ceiling and the Rayburn stove provides the perfect setting for family meals or romantic suppers. The living room, like the kitchen, has a large fireplace but rather than an oil fired Rayburn in place it has a wood burning stove.
In addtion to the two stoves there are night storage heaters throughout the cottage and all oil, firewood and electricity is inclusive in the tariff.
Outside, Chyvounder has a large safe, sunny garden with plenty of lawned area and a terrace by the front door for al fresco dining. There is a private drive to the side of the house for convenient parking and a large wooden gate shuts the outside world out and children or dogs in. There is plenty of space for more than one car or even a boat if getting afloat is your thing. A safe launching and swimming beach can be found 300m down the hill from the farm, complete with easy access and amazing views.
Despite Chyvounder having been build centuries ago the cottage boasts super fast broadband with good speeds.
The local village of Mylor Bridge is nearby and it has a good range of shops, a pub and can supply you with most of your needs.
Chyvounder cottage features
- There is ample private parking for cars and boats.
- On entering the cottage, the comfortable sitting room with its original beams, inglenook fireplace housing a woodburning stove (logs supplied), with television and i pod dock. The large kitchen/dining room with its farmhouse-style table is well equipped, warmed by an oil fired Rayburn, electric stove dishwasher, microwave, fridge/freezer.
- A door leads to the downstairs bathroom with bath, separate shower, wash hand basin, and toilet. A utility area has a washing machine.
- Upstairs there are three bedrooms comfortably furnished, one double, one twin and a single all overlooking the garden.
- Heating throughout the cottage is by night storage heaters.
- Short breaks can be arranged out of season, with a minimum let of 3 nights.
For further information on Chyvounder cottage please call 01326 373306 / 01326 378360
or email email@example.com