Chybean, Cornish for “little house”, is a Grade 2 listed cottage that sleeps two or two plus a small child or baby. Situated in a quiet location – as, in fact, is the whole farm – it is south facing and has its own private garden that traps the warmth of the sun all day. There is a small terraced area for barbecues or simply chilling with a glass of wine or a nice cuppa and a book.
Downstairs there is a well equipped kitchen with parking right outside the back door in a private grassy yard. The shower room and loo are also at the back of the house. The main living room has a large inglenook fireplace that dominates the room, the wood burner being perfect for roaring log fires when the air cools. It also keeps red wine at perfect room temperature. Firewood is provided.
The bedroom upstairs looks south out over the garden and has a hand basin within along with a double bed.
We allow dogs in both cottages, for a small extra fee, so you can bring yours with you when you visit. Not only is the poor hound not locked up in a kennel but he or she can enjoy the walks around our area or further afield – the South West Coast path being the jewel in the crown. All we ask is that they do not go upstairs or on the furniture.
Chybean is available year round, wonderfully snug in winter and pleasantly cool in summer – the thick walls providing great insulation. Chybean, like its neighbour Chyvounder, has superfast broadband so even though you are in deepest Cornwall you can keep in touch with the outside world.
In addition to your own parking area there is plenty of space to park a boat. Launching can be done at the small private beach just 300m down the hill from the farm and moorings are available.
Chybean cottage features:
- There is ample parking at the rear of the cottage with a door leading to a well equipped small kitchen with fridge/freezer, electric cooker, microwave and washing machine.
- Next to the kitchen is the refurbished ground floor shower room with wash hand basin and toilet.
- The living room has an efficient wood burner (logs supplied), dining table, television, DVD and ipod docking station.
- A door leads to an enclosed sunny garden and patio at the front of the cottage, ideal for barbecues.
- Stairs lead to the comfortable double bedroom with a wash hand basin.
- Heating throughout the cottage is by night storage heaters.
- Short breaks out of peak season can be arranged, but please note, these are always for a minimum of 3 nights.
For further information on Chybean cottage please call 01326 373306 / 01326 378360
or email firstname.lastname@example.org